Travel Services Coordinator
Destinations Travel Advisors is looking for an assistant to join our growing Company.
As a Travel Services Coordinator you would be responsible for assisting in managing travel reservations of our clients. This would include arranging all elements of vacation and business travel and includes coordinating cruise, vacation packages, customized plans, airline, hotel, car rental and other (theatre tickets, dining reservations, etc.) travel needs for clients.
Requirements / Qualifications:
* Must be able to multi-task maintaining a high level of quality
* Candidate must possess experience arranging international & domestic travel for a demanding clientele of corporate and leisure clients
* Recent GDS experience on SABRE (Training is available for an exceptional candidate)
* Microsoft Office experience (Outlook, Word, Publisher, Excel)
* Strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills - both verbally and in writing
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Strong sense of urgency as well as flexibility to change as needed
This is a full-time or part-time entry level position that is available immediately and is an excellent opportunity for the right person as the company continues to grow!
Work hours are dependent on the office needs, but generally Monday-Friday 8a-530p.
Compensation is based on an individual's experience. If you would like to work for an industry leader in luxury travel, please contact us today for more information. When applying for the position, please include a current resume with reference and current/last salary and expected salary (hourly wage).
Travel Services Coordinator
This position is for a ‘jack of all trades’ or someone interested in the ground floor operations within a luxury travel consultancy (agency). The role supports a sales staff with tasks ranging from preparing quotes for trips, processing payments, securing seats under airline frequent flyer rewards, monitoring and fixing airline related issues. Some of the daily tasks include but are not limited to:
· Researching destinations, sightseeing, travel experiences and how to get from point A to Z
· Booking rail tickets, tours, sightseeing tours
· Building reservations in the SABRE system for leisure sales
· Invoicing sales
· Preparation of clients travel documents
· Writing and preparing customized foreign and domestic travel itineraries
· Assigning airline loyalty program memberships
· Reserving, claiming and processing airline reward reservation request
· Securing seat assignments (unblocking) for clients
· Enroll Cruise Club/Privileges members
· Maintain printed brochure supplies
· Database entries and updates
· Travel Protection offers, sales and invoicing
· Booking air, car and hotel reservations; reissue of air tickets
· Prepare check request and international wire request
Understanding of travel, airlines, car rentals, hotels, vacation packages, escorted tours, cruises/ships and their booking policies, pricing policies will be important to have knowledge of or gain a quick knowledge to support the sales effort. An understanding of traveling the world (including the US), different cultures, world events that influence our day is important.
Skills required include tip top organizational skills, ability to make recommendations for efficiencies, MSOffice programs included Excel, Word, Publisher; Adobe Acrobat; internet search; other programs include but are not limited to master company and consortia intranet (online resource); Travel 42 Reports; Cornerstones ResFax. Have the ability to prioritize tasks based on timing, value of sale, importance at the moment, multi-tasking. The ability to take an assignment – prioritize it – and see it through to completion. Creativity in the production of travel itineraries is important. Writing skills should be good. Ability to represent the sales staff in their absence or in the case they are in an appointment. Training on the SABRE system is available and internet/computer based.
Some travel might be required for destination knowledge or training purposes but this is very much a support role and therefore the position revolves around the office. There is the opportunity to advance into a sales position over time.
This an overview of the responsibilities, there are some tasks that may arise for special projects as needed. It is key the candidate has flexibility and enjoys a relatively fast paced and demanding position to meet our clients expectations.
This is the perfect entry level position to gain a vast experience of how the travel industry ticks and the role a Travel Advisor plays in our clients lives.
Salary: This is an hourly position and based on level of skill and expertise.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE U.S. MAIL YOUR RESUME TO 938 LAFAYETTE STREET, SUITE 204, NEW ORLEANS, LA, 70113 or fax to 1.866.920.6447.